Search the forum,

Discuss chipping of tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Was cutting some ceramic floor tiles earlier with my small plasplug wet saw and the blade become blunt and wouldn't cut the tiles so I popped off to few local hardware stores and coukdnt get a replacement blade. I decided to use my dry blade on the grinder(I only use this for cutting out square sockets or light switches) and even thou I got some cut, the dry blade was leaving me with small chipped tiles :(

Ended up phoning a guy I know who had a vitrex small blade, put this on my plasplug cutter and was getting a bit of blade wobble and some chipped tiles again :(

What I'm wanting to know, is there any dry blades that don't leave a chipped tile when cutting and does all vitrex blades wobble/leave a small chipped effect on the cut.

D

Dash J

Mate you need loads of water in your cutter,those wee machines require loads of water
the beauty of those small blades is they shouldn't wobble
i only use a small wet cutter for splash backs
I find the bigger blades have a tendency to jam sometimes

Reply to chipping of tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen