Search the forum,

Discuss Check Tile size before laying in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bluevin123

Hi,
We started to tile a consevatory floor yesterday and as we done the first few rows of tiles,I noticed the grout lines were not matching up,bloody ell I thought,what now?.:mad2:
I then turned up the tiles on there side in the remaining packs and they were all different,some up to 5mm.The tiles were 400x400. My partner suggested using bigger spacers,but I thought it was too late as a few rows had been layed already.
I pointed it out to the customer,that they were all different,but would do our best.. Anyway we carried on without spacers,and the last few full tiles we even had to cut them on the wet for them to fit....Mind you after grouting it did look ok, but there were a few dodgy looking ones.
Well! that caught me out I must admit, So I think thats good advice especially for beginners to check the tile sizes by putting them on there sides,and am I right in thinking in this case,you have to have bigger grout lines so its not so noticeable?..
Cheers.
Vin.

Reply to Check Tile size before laying in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, I am about to start work on my first big tiling project in my ensuite. We have chosen...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen