Discuss Used wrong sized trowel for shower walls in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Good Evening,
I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have used a 1/2 x 1/2 trowel, but used a 1/4"x1/4" trowel. I back buttered and troweled each tile as well as the wall. I pullled up tiles every so often and always had good coverage of the back. The tiles were very hard to pry up and took a lot of force. Should I be worried that this mistake will cause issues down the line?
I understand why improper trowel size may cause issues on a floor where there is a lot of force and weight, but if the wall tiles hold strong will it really matter?
Appreciate any insight you may provide

Rutters

TF
Reaction score
Main thing is you checked you had good coverage. You also back buttered the tiles. Providing the walls were prepped properly before you tiled, then I wouldn't worry đź‘Ť

Reply to Used wrong sized trowel for shower walls in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks