Search the forum,

Discuss charge per lin mt for honing 20mm thick limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

I have a job starting very soon and we are honing all exposed edges rather than mitre of using trim.
what do you charge for this work on site per lin mt.
material is crema grey light honed 600x 600x 20mm.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

I charge the same as a Lm of mitres and I charge my mitres at the same as a m2 if you get what I'm on about lol

J

jonnyc

I charge the same as a Lm of mitres and I charge my mitres at the same as a m2 if you get what I'm on about lol
dont think i can justify my honing costs per lin mt to match my exorbitant wall fixing cost per sq mt!!
im going in at 15 per lin mt but i know that stone companies charge 20-30 per lin mt if done in a yard in london.
tony i think you are about right . it does depend on the stone and how rough the the side of stone is from blade cut but i reckon with this stone three different grits will be suffice.
its actually nice stone tony from tile and marble collection.

how are you getting on with those big mother glacier pieces!!
we ve done 1200 x 1000 x 40mm and thats tricky when youre 2.00 mts plus up if you are not used to that type of work

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Exactly , jonnyc, depends on stone. I am on other project at the moment, tiling 4 bathrooms, just employed another tiler few days ago, as more work coming. Crema marfil slabs been delivered February 10, so will be fitting floor :) will post some pictures. And I used to heavy stuff :thumbsup:, yes I'm small guy, only 75kg. :sofahide:, but I can lift heavy stuff no problem

F

Freeze

Straight polish £15-£20 lm depending on what stone, and how many grits I need to use, edge detailing, £25-£30 lm, again depending what profile I am fabricating, what type of stone and what finish I have to get back to.

Reply to charge per lin mt for honing 20mm thick limestone in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen