Search the forum,

Discuss carpet tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dave l and l

going to lay carpet tiles in wee mans bedroom. thought process being that when he spills or rips a piece i can easily replace.
has anyone fitted them before. if so what adhesive did you use. i was thinking the carpet spray ahesive from screwfix would be the one .

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always Thought you loose laid them..so as you said you can replace them with ease...

If you stick them they could be a right pain to get up......still have nightmares now over some that I had to get up a few years ago in a office I was tiling.

D

dave l and l

yeah i am undecided on this. i was thinking about a small spray of adhesive just to fix them slightly so the child cant get his hands in and start to lift them himself,

J

jwoodhouse

as a plumber I sub to a shop fitting firm they spray adhesive the outside tiles and loose lay the insides if that makes sense plus the 2 going into any door way as they are the most susceptible to move

V

Vwoldboy

Hi everyone like to say hello as this is my first post on here.My son is a carpet fitter sometimes he lays floor tiles on commercial work and uses something called tackifier ? This holds the tiles down in position bot if you want to replace them they come up easy. It looks like pvaand he just spreads it out with a decorators roller hope this helps.

T

Taylormade

They are normally loose laid but very tight together which makes it difficult to get them up.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
On commercial jobs I use F Ball F41 tackifier. You can use spray adhesive but you only need a very small amount. The idea is to stop them sliding not glue them down.If you loose laid them you'd have to make sure all the cuts were perfect as if there are any small gaps they'd all end up moving about

R

Russell brown

Not sure if this will work but as said above

Nope, just agreeing with the two people who said to use tackifier

J

Just Rizzle

use the spray adhesive. watched a carpet guy lay a carpet tile floor betweem the tiled bays I did recently he said the spray held them in place and stopped them moving on the sub floor.

D

dave l and l

thats it done. cut them in tight and sprayed carpet adhesive on the floor and a small bit on back of tile. checked the ones i started with and they seem to have bonded ok. time will tell. looks ok and it was easy to do. thanks for all the replies

Reply to carpet tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen