Search the forum,

Discuss Cant get grout off porcelain matt tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

Nichola

..my tiler has grouted my bathroom and hasn't cleaned the grout off properly....the tiles are a Matt porcelain and the grout seems to have sunk in leaving white patches all over the tiles where they haven't been cleaned right,,,, the white residue all over the tiles seems to be coming off but there's patches of grout that has sunk in,,,,we have purchased a cleaning solution and been scrubbing with scourers and it looks like it's gone when wet but as soon as it dries it's there again, please can you give me some ideas how to fix this other than stripping it all back off thanks ..Nichola

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome Nicola,
Here are two products that work well for grout stains and residue,
It may depend on what's available In your area as to which one u try.
Importantly tho, follow the instructions very carefully, and try it in an inconspicuous place first if u can.
A wet and dry vacuum will help enormously, vacuum the dirty residue from the tiles, try not to sponge it off. All u will probably do is spread it around.
Again follow directions carefully and u should be fine. Don't panic just yet :)

Or hang fire for Bob as Dan has suggested, he's our resident chemical expert.

N

Nichola

Hi and welcome Nicola,
Here are two products that work well for grout stains and residue,
It may depend on what's available In your area as to which one u try.
Importantly tho, follow the instructions very carefully, and try it in an inconspicuous place first if u can.
A wet and dry vacuum will help enormously, vacuum the dirty residue from the tiles, try not to sponge it off. All u will probably do is spread it around.
Again follow directions carefully and u should be fine. Don't panic just yet :)

Or hang fire for Bob as Dan has suggested, he's our resident chemical expert.

Produkte | Lithofin

Detergent for Surfaces | Descaler for Surfaces | Detertek
Thank you

O

Old Mod

:eek: Can u take some photos for us then pls and upload them to here.
Bob will be on at some point and he will now to come here thro the way Dan wrote his name, he'll have something to look at then.
And we'll try another approach.

N

Nichola

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67

Reply to Cant get grout off porcelain matt tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen