Search the forum,

Discuss can you fix 6mm hardibacker over floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Minesacarling

might sound like a daft question but ive only ever used the hardibacker boards over ply but ive been asked to go over floorboards with them. ive been on there website but cant find a answer

thanks in advance for any advice

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Not a hardi user so you'll get a more educated answer soon enough no doubt but isn't that one of the primary purposes of Hardi? I'd be screwing down all the floorboards putting in extra noggins if needed. Prime and fix with an S1 and turbogolds.

D

Dumbo

might sound like a daft question but ive only ever used the hardibacker boards over ply but ive been asked to go over floorboards with them. ive been on there website but cant find a answer

thanks in advance for any advice
Personally I don't like hardi backer as I have been to cracked floors and found cracked hardi underneath the tiles and it has cracked along join in chipboard . I have never seen this on a well prepared ply and membraned floor .

T

Time's Ran Out

Personally I don't like hardi backer as I have been to cracked floors and found cracked hardi underneath the tiles and it has cracked along join in chipboard . I have never seen this on a well prepared ply and membraned floor .
Then there had to be substantial movement in the subfloor, lack of joint preparation, or a combination of both.

Reply to can you fix 6mm hardibacker over floorboards in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen