Search the forum,

Discuss Can I Re Polish Porcelain Tiles! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Russell brown

Can I re polish polished porcelain tiles?, helped my brother tile a kitchen floor a week or so ago. Anyway the customer rang him and told him there was scuff marks on 3 tiles, his friend who has a granite company told him to polish them out. He's been today and had ago, he's got the marks off but it's left dull patches on the tiles. He goes on holiday on Sunday and has asked me if I can go and sort it. I don't mind chopping them out if that's the only way but if I can polish them and it's quicker I'm all for that. The bloke gave him his polisher (don't know what pads?) some granite polishing paste and some green t cut?.

W

White Room

I would just change them, this question has been asked before and from my understanding a tcut won't cut the ice.

R

Russell brown

That's fair enough then, guess I'll have to take a 1 1/2 hr drive to change 3 tiles

R

Russell brown

It's for a friend I went to school with, plus they're not having a good time with a pregnancy. Guess I'll be soft and go and do it, if they offer fuel I'll take it lol.

Rosco100

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can I re polish polished porcelain tiles?, helped my brother tile a kitchen floor a week or so ago. Anyway the customer rang him and told him there was scuff marks on 3 tiles, his friend who has a granite company told him to polish them out. He's been today and had ago, he's got the marks off but it's left dull patches on the tiles. He goes on holiday on Sunday and has asked me if I can go and sort it. I don't mind chopping them out if that's the only way but if I can polish them and it's quicker I'm all for that. The bloke gave him his polisher (don't know what pads?) some granite polishing paste and some green t cut?.

Hi I did it recently after a customer took a Brillo pad to a pure white polished porcelain 1200x600,didn't fancy trying to remove it so used extra fine scratch remover from Auto Glym and my polisher , It took a while but it worked a treat !

Reply to Can I Re Polish Porcelain Tiles! in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen