Search the forum,

Discuss Can I lay STS backer boards over 6mm plywood? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone. DIYer here looking for some advice. Am tiling a bathroom floor and currently there is existing 6mm plywood well screwed into the floorboards. The floor itself (2.2m x 2.3m) is solid and there is no give in it. However, after reading through these forums, I am aware that I shouldn't be tiling over plywood, certainly not 6mm. My question is, can I lay 10mm STS backer board over the 6mm plywood and then lay my tiles?

Thanks

Reply to Can I lay STS backer boards over 6mm plywood? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen