Search the forum,

Discuss Can Anyone Help? - How To Do Envelope Cuts In Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Russell brown

Started a wet room this week normally I use mosaics on the tray but they don't do a matching one with the tile I'm using so I,was going to do envelope cuts. I've never done them! I was wondering if any of you more experience tilers could offer me some advice on how to go about setting hem up, do I pull lines through etc.. And how do I cut them, finish the cuts?.
also the customer wants a broken bond on the tiles but not brick bond, they're a 600x300mm porcelain tile. In your opinion what looks best, keeping all the vertical cuts plumb or keep setting back off the tile a 3rd so a diagonal pattern forms?. I'm really looking forward to this job as the customer has let me guide them a lot and I'll run the patterns through with them first. To give you an idea the room is 3.8x1.265m with a dark grey tile on the floor which will continue to run up the end shower wall vertical with the rest of the walls being tiles horizontally in a lighter grey tile finished off with silver grey grout.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Look for the built in lines/falls on the tray - they can be quite hard to spot.
I usually transfer these lines on to marks on the wall as if you cover the tray with a membrane they're hard to find again.

R

Rookery

Marking the falls is a good idea. I'd loose lay the floor tiles starting at the drain and once happy, cut and fix. I'd set out the walls from the floor tiling.

R

Russell brown

Marking the falls is a good idea. I'd loose lay the floor tiles starting at the drain and once happy, cut and fix. I'd set out the walls from the floor tiling.

I am, I'm going to tile on wall and set the floor to that and then tile off of the floor on the other wall.

Reply to Can Anyone Help? - How To Do Envelope Cuts In Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen