Discuss Busy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dash J

Hi guys

is anyone on here busy?i have hit my usual slump this time of year

august to February I am flat out but I find it dies a death this time of year

has anyone else found this the case?

i even had a meeting with one of the large diy chains today regarding fitting for them
not my preferred choice but times are tough

people I meet are up to their eyes in it,wish I could say the same

thanks Marc

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Keeping 4 of us going , could do with another(plasterer) but can't be bothered with the hassle .
So aye busy enough

S

Spare Tool

Usually only January scraping a bit for work round here then it goes mad again, booked up till june n still a couple of jobs on the backburner for after that if i hit a quiet spell...you got yourself a website? Never bothered till this year and had 4 good jobs off it already

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Im ticking along nicely however can't seem to get anyone to wait more than 3 weeks. .....everyone seems to want it doing yesterday, I hate turning work away but can't be in two placed at once. ...

I

Ian

Doing ok here too, not booked up as far as I have been in recent months but, still 8 weeks ahead with some nice ones in the pipeline if quotes are accepted. Have 2 full houses for later in the year too, around October time.

D

Dash J

Usually only January scraping a bit for work round here then it goes mad again, booked up till june n still a couple of jobs on the backburner for after that if i hit a quiet spell...you got yourself a website? Never bothered till this year and had 4 good jobs off it already

Not bothered with a website as of yet
Was thinking about it but not got round to it
I get caught up with being busy then you assume you are going to be ok
Then all of a sudden you have nothing
My phone is still going but it all seems to be broken promises
Had a guy 2 weeks ago offering me a full time job,500m2 the next,bissaza mosaic bathroom and a big wetroom
Still waiting,I won't hold my breath
Can feel my head starting to go down with it,but guess that's the nature of the business
Re the lead times I have never encountered a customer who will wait longer than two weeks

D

Dash J

I find it really quiet this time of year mate
Got a good ufh job confirmed on sat and pricing a full bathroom install on Monday,that's the beauty of this game,your phone rings when you least expect

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ticking over nicely at the moment............just waiting for the spanner in the works, which usually means a plumber cocking up, and then I'll be rushing around playing catch up.

Reply to Busy? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay