Search the forum,

Discuss building out a wall to meet tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kruger

hello chaps.
After a few good diy jobs,timber garage,raised decks,staircase
the next step is to tile my on suite.
Some really excellant info found on the forum:thumbsup: im looking at a recess shower with the one screen with a small return.The gap it goes in is 1620mm.So 1st thought would be a 1600 tray and build the wall out 20mm
with back board etc,or to use a 1500 tray and build the wall out and have recesss cut outs to put shower stuff.Any you guys done this type of build?i imagine its a sort of 3x2 frame covered in board then tiled onto.how difficult do you rate it?
Going to tank out with bal/mapei in the shower.same makes with grout.
Any ideas would be great.im thinking if i take my time and some rules it should look good...hopefully
cheers

kruger

D

DHTiling

The 1500mm tray sounds better... then you can build the wall and niches etc.. it will make it more usable..

K

kruger

would i be right in how to build the wall with wooden frame and cover i suppose in tile board?
kruger

K

kruger

thanks chaps,
diamond tiler what a great looking bathroom room.looks a million pounds worth!
If i went for the 1500 and built out the wall for the shelves would you recommend buildind out the shower end so you could have shelves either side of shower system for the wifes bits and bobs,or other end so you grab your stuff when you go in.
kruger

E

easyt

Building out at the shower end might make it easier to conceal pipework. Depends on the situation though.

D

diamondtiling

You can build out wherever suits you, it has to be your personal choice. Just make sure that the shelves have a slight fall on them so that they do not hold water. Post some pictures as you go.

:thumbsup:

Reply to building out a wall to meet tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen