Search the forum,

Discuss Bucket Life of Porcelanosa Adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

U

Unregistered

(Forgive the bad terminology as I’m not a tiler) but can anyone tell me the bucket life of Porcelanosa’s One-Flex ceramic grout? I would like to know what time there is to use the grout once it’s been mixed - once mixed up, how long before it becomes unusable?

Many thanks for your help.
Laura

U

Unregistered

It'll say what the working time is on the bag.

I’ve had a good look on the package and the instructions read, “ Fix tiles before adhesive forms skin”.

The line of symbols state:
“open time 30 minutes” and,
“8 hours pot life” - is that what I’m looking for? Does ‘pot life’ tell me how long the mixture will last in the bucket and can be used to adhere the tiles?

Many thanks.

I

Ian

I’ve had a good look on the package and the instructions read, “ Fix tiles before adhesive forms skin”.

The line of symbols state:
“open time 30 minutes” and,
“8 hours pot life” - is that what I’m looking for? Does ‘pot life’ tell me how long the mixture will last in the bucket and can be used to adhere the tiles?

Many thanks.

Ahh, you said grout in your first post. Adhesive and grout are two different products. So to answer your question, once mixed it will stay workable for 8 hours, the 30 minutes open time is how long you have to fix the tiles once the adhesive has been spread on the wall/floor (before it forms a skin). Just apply small areas at a time, no more than 1 m2. Hope this helps.

Reply to Bucket Life of Porcelanosa Adhesive in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen