Search the forum,

Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

Wow! It seems the power of social media has had some effect!

I try to keep the forum Twitter account ticking over and recently the issue of how bad BCT (British Ceramic Tiles) are for us tilers.

BCT have openly put it out there wanting feedback from us.....

Screenshot_20180209-225540.png

So please either respond to this thread with as much detail as possible and I'm happy to take this forward on your behalf, or respond to the BCT tweet directly.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah, that took longer than I thought it would.
Positions I hold are:
Father
Husband
CEO
Head of sales
Pa/administrator
Accountant
Plumber
Tiler
Labourer
Cleaner
*** wiper, along with many others, but none affiliated with BCT.
Wish I was, I bet they offer a much better pension scheme than I am on.
Although this thread has got me thinking today so have approached alternative tile distributors to see what else is on offer.
But in the meantime let’s hope BCT listen to us and do make changes to quality, even if this means increasing prices, as surely being able to offer a quality British product would do our industry the world of good.

Peace out!

B

Blunt Tool

I think it’s a conspiracy, bct tiles are just a front for all the no’s against leaving the European Union and showing us the British crap we will be left with!
Ps the earth is flat that’s why levels work ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
If you're in a position that you don't have to, or want to fit these tiles, then don't fit them.
Personally I'm not that fussed, there not the best tiles in the world, but with a bit of fiddling around you can make a decent job....
Just ...!! :)
IMG_20180518_144102.jpg

W

Waluigi

Most things made in Britain or for the British Market are of poor quality.

It’s as if the average member of the general public is happy to accept seconds.

People are better than they used to be but generally don’t complain nearly enough. The old British stiff upper lip has gotten Brits nowhere.

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely to change if people keep buying crap products. I have had to fit crap tiles and terrible bathroom suites all made in Britain in the past but nowadays I only spec my own gear and none is made in Britain apart from a few exceptions.

O

One Day

Working in a million pound+ home today and one of the bathrooms had porcelanosa's finest in. Truly awful tiling though and the jobs above look miles better.
Just goes to show ...

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
03D57763-BEEE-4F5E-929A-41717EBD0202.jpeg
BCT Ditto light grey tiles this week, this has been a regular thing throughout the 24sqm going in!

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
No that’s how I fit tiles in a shower, I just butt them together it saves on grout.

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen