Search the forum,

Discuss Blade starts to walk off centre? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Something is wrong with your machine that makes the blade wear in that fashion and it causes it to cut off line . How can a number of different blades be wrong . Even though your carriage runs true your saw must be attacking at an angle . Put a straight edge on the blade, along the length of the bed and see how that looks , or stop messing about and get something better than a vitrex , you can't spend diy money and expect consistent professional results .

C

Concrete guy

You've already explained you've shimmed part of the machine to make it run true.

@jcrtiling is explaining that the shimming, whilst making the carriage run straight may have altered the angle of attack of the blade causing it to want to cut off line. If the blade isn't perfectly parallel with the motor housing, which in turn is perfectly parallel with the rail then you're not going to cut straight with any blade.

You're looking for a perfect result that a Raimondi Pikus would produce with a machine that costs 10% of it's price.

Reaction score
So based on that I'd dress the blade every 10-15 cuts. See if that makes a difference.
Time for a new saw
You've already explained you've shimmed part of the machine to make it run true.

@jcrtiling is explaining that the shimming, whilst making the carriage run straight may have altered the angle of attack of the blade causing it to want to cut off line. If the blade isn't perfectly parallel with the motor housing, which in turn is perfectly parallel with the rail then you're not going to cut straight with any blade.

You're looking for a perfect result that a Raimondi Pikus would produce with a machine that costs 10% of it's price.

OK, so the machine is causing uneven blade wear and once that gets bad enough, the blade starts walking off. Correct?

I will double check the blade squarness to the rail again.

The motor is shimmed to get the blade square to the rail, to about 0.1mm across the blade. Out of the box, the motor was miles out of square and the blade chipped badly.

The Rubi TVH blade produced lovely clean, straight cuts but after half a day it started to drift.

The accuracy of the cuts is very good and very consistant for a lot of cuts, so it must all be running reasonably true.

Is there any way to get the blades back true?

At least if I can do that, I can use them for a day to too before having to re-true them until the edge is depleted.

C

Concrete guy

Dress them more often. In theory that will not allow them to start running out. There's no point waiting until they aren't cutting, keep them sharp.

Your fighting a battle against a machine that's clearly not running straight in one way or another. So your real world options are replace the machine or dress the blades more often.

Reaction score
Dress them more often. In theory that will not allow them to start running out. There's no point waiting until they aren't cutting, keep them sharp.

Your fighting a battle against a machine that's clearly not running straight in one way or another. So your real world options are replace the machine or dress the blades more often.

OK, I will try regular dressing.

I'm sending the Marcrist back for them to look at.

This is a good example of the machine cutting 900mm slices, it will usually hold 0.1 to 0.4mm over 900mm:

slice.jpg

And this is a few 150mm cuts in a tile. Three cuts from the Marcrist with dressing inbetween on the left and one from a used ATS blade that's still working 100%, all done one after the other. (the lens makes the lines look bowed but they aren't)

20190705_165631_001 (Large).jpg

Reaction score
Всем привет из России. Алмазный диск можно заточить вот так. Включаете перпендикулярно. Без воды. Пишу по русски . К сожалению не вдадею английским.

I

Italy

Всем привет из России. Алмазный диск можно заточить вот так. Включаете перпендикулярно. Без воды. Пишу по русски . К сожалению не вдадею английским.
готов перевод
Hello everyone from Russia. Diamond disc can be sharpened like this. Turn on perpendicular. Without water. I am writing in Russian. Unfortunately I do not speak English.

D

Dumbo

Welcome to the forum

Reaction score
Спасибо. Пока читаю сообщения. Надеюсь на взаимность. О себе . Живу в Казань. Россия. Проффесиональный плиточник. Похоже и в Англии и в России. Заботы плиточников похожи.

Reply to Blade starts to walk off centre? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen