Search the forum,

Discuss Bisazza Fillgel in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

I'd like to know how you treated fillgel bisazza or epoxy. use of tricks? I am young tiler seek advice;)
thanks

O

Old Mod

New Filgel is easy! :)
Water! :rolleyes: Aqua!
And use sponge cloths like this, not Tilers sponge.
image.jpeg
Tilers sponge soak up too much epoxy, throw away quickly.
Sponge cloth, lasts much longer.

Then use 'Shine',
if you can not get it,
then use your nail polish remover Antonio to remove residue! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Italy

New Filgel is easy! :)
Water! :rolleyes: Aqua!
And use sponge cloths like this, not Tilers sponge.
View attachment 79012
Tilers sponge soak up too much epoxy, throw away quickly.
Sponge cloth, lasts much longer.

Then use 'Shine',
if you can not get it,
then use your nail polish remover Antonio to remove residue! :D
excuse me but marc epoxy and 'hard to spread, you have solutions?
thanks mister 3_fall

M

MTiler

Use plenty of white emulsifying pads and sponge cloths, as Marc mentioned using normal sponges is a waste as they just clog up. Use warm cleaning water if possible and use plenty of clean water. Put a cup full of white vinegar in the water, and give a final wash down with just plain water. White vinegar in water to clean tools also helps. I now use it instead of acetone to clean up.
As soon as youve finished applying the tub of filgel/epoxy clean it off dont wait.

Always wear Nitrile gloves and try not to get it on your skin, if you do clean it off straight away as it can burn, its toxic stuff. Im sensitive to it so I always wear two pairs of nitrile gloves a long sleeved tshirt and a mask.
If you need to remove any dried epoxy you can use a heat gun to soften it. Ive not used Mapies' epoxy remover so I dont know how good it is.
Any epoxy grout is nasty stuff.

Sharon

I

Italy

OK OK.
I started this trend because I wanted an answer from @MissTiler
professional mosaic.
I was interested if you use special tricks to make fillgel easier to pull.
Former keep warm or cold before mixing?
cleaning I have no problems.
I'll try with sponge cloths.
This might be fine?
Maintenance
ringrazio @3_fall and @MissTiler :)

Reply to Bisazza Fillgel in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen