Search the forum,

Discuss Best Self Levelling Compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

moomarine

Hi again all!

I have searched for this on the forums and my search function seems to not be working so apologies if I am repeating an already asked question.

What are all your recommendations for a decent self levelling compound.

It is for solid floor but there are some holes which are really ragged in places which go about 30mm deep and the floor is generally uneven as well so roughly lowest point is about 70mm deep.

I have used ultrafloor and no nonsense before but this is quite a large area and would love some of your opinions on this. Please see photos below of the really rough part.

It doesn't look as bad in the photos and also I will obviously be taking up all the old school floor you can see in picture!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

M

moomarine

If it's most of the floor I agree completely but if it's only in patches then levelling would be so much quicker. I suppose you need to take into account both options from start to finish, ALL the costs involved, as well as time factor and evaluate it from there
It's a pain because it's in a galley kitchen which is remaining in place and the deepest holes are right by the kitchen cabinets so the slc is going to get underneath. Hard to stop it with the cabinet legs in the way for battens!

Reply to Best Self Levelling Compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement