Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Best liquid DPM in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

moomarine

Anyone know or have used a liquid DPM before?

Got a job coming up where I was going to be levelling and tiling a ground floor kitchen area. The customer has lifted the old tiles and has discovered damp patches on the solid floor. They have asked their builder to look at it who has told them to get me to put a liquid DPM down before levelling. Has anyone got experience of this stuff? I am almost going down the route of cancelling this job as I obviously don't want to tile anything that's damp.

Any advice/opinion would be much appreciated.

D

Dumbo

Be carefully with dpm as I gave seen latex delaminate from epoxy dpm that wasn't properly blinded with sand

L

LM

I've used them extensively @moomarine.
Stick to brands that make products for soft flooring, they're the best. Use one system from start to finish.
Go for Ardex, Tremco, FBall or Uzin for example and you can't go wrong, certainly don't give the job up over it. If you go for one of the brands I'm recommending it's easy and belt and braces.
If you want to let me know what you can get your hands on I'll steer you right.

M

moomarine

I've used them extensively @moomarine.
Stick to brands that make products for soft flooring, they're the best. Use one system from start to finish.
Go for Ardex, Tremco, FBall or Uzin for example and you can't go wrong, certainly don't give the job up over it. If you go for one of the brands I'm recommending it's easy and belt and braces.
If you want to let me know what you can get your hands on I'll steer you right.
Cheers for this, I will have a look on Monday st what I can get but I think I can get ardex from my local place so il have a look and let you know then.

M

Mark jude

Ardex do a excellent one and will that smoothing compound ontop as well , Instarmac also do one aswell and then use there smoothing compound ontop . Both are excellent and have used both on various projects and with excellent results

Reply to Best liquid DPM in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks