Search the forum,

Discuss Best Boarding for Bathroom Floor and Where to Purchase from? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Stef

Thanks so 10mm Hardiebacker screwed into the existing wooden floor boards?
You don't get 10mm Hardie, either Hardie 250 which is 6mm or Hardie 500 which is 12mm.
I would overboard with the 6mm & as above make sure it's glued & screwed.

O

One Day

Remove rubbish chipboard floor boards and replace with 18mm wbp ply.
Fix blanke permat and you're good.

G

gordybaillie

Where is the best place to buy HardieBacker online for delivery?

Been looking online and company called Builder Depot look like good price but delivery is over £30.

Thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

£30 for delivery or £30 per board.
Think how much they would cost if you got Independence!

R

rufus the tiler

I will get some stick maybe for saying this....but if you were to use 9mm exterior grade ply screwed down at 100mm intervals .....I promise this will work ....they do say use a lot thicker ply but it is not needed and makes to much of a step leading into bathroom......good luck.....ps adhesive has to be flexi

W

White Room

I will get some stick maybe for saying this....but if you were to use 9mm exterior grade ply screwed down at 100mm intervals .....I promise this will work ....they do say use a lot thicker ply but it is not needed and makes to much of a step leading into bathroom......good luck.....ps adhesive has to be flexi

Can't believe you said 9mm ply, exterior or what ever to use....BS states 15mm minimum.

Reply to Best Boarding for Bathroom Floor and Where to Purchase from? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen