Search the forum,

Discuss Bedding down (securing) large shower tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

On a current job I am working on, I have a large (1400 x 800) shower tray to fit to a totally secure ply base. The tray itself is a fibreglass construction (resin capped). My only concern is that it is a "hollow" type construction (not a solid flat base). There are small ribs built into the fibreglass to stop it from flexing, but I am concerned by the lack of contact it will have with the ply base.

Do I use a cement mortar in regular (dot & dab) in regular places to bed down tray, use a whole load of plasterboard adhesive (in same fashion as cement) that I have left over, or another method?

There is too much of a void really to go using "sticks like *~#+" or gripfill

Thanks, Geoff

S

Scott

I put a fibreglass one in my ensuite 4 1/2 years ago. It had a metal frame with 5 feet and i was really dubious about its strength and its movement. Its been totally fine. How deep are the ribs on the bottom? Id solid bed fix it if you can

Q

Qwerty

Ribs are actually more like feet! They take most of the flex out when it is on the flat surface (I have tested it on the kitchen floor!) There are only 6 little feet, so I am worried that unless I bed it down solid, that it may flex.

Scottley..... what did you fit yours down with?

Reply to Bedding down (securing) large shower tray in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen