Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Tile Crack in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm very new here and a complete housing novice so I am hoping someone may be able to help.

A crack appeared in my bathroom a few months ago. This is a new build apartment at the time when I noticed the crack I had been living there for around 1.5 years and I moved in the day the building was signed off. I have attached an image of the crack itself and a photo I have (apologies its not the clearest) of the build 'mid completion'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated of why this may have occurred.

Michelle

IMG_7032.JPG
IMG_8082.JPG

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Pretty hard to tell from those images to be honest. It could perhaps have been when the screen was mounted but thats a stab in the dark. Are there are further tiles cracked above and below?

Reaction score
The crack is coming from the bottom right hand side of the TV and I can only see as far as where the tile joins to the bath, as without taking the bath out is impossible to know for definite how far the crack goes. Unfortunately as the tiles are now discontinued, and being a university student I am financially limited to what I can do it difficult situation as I'm not sure why this has occurred. The building has a 2 year warranty period but the developer obviously doesn't want to have to pay to redo an entire bathroom because as it wasn't initially a problem when I moved in they wont take any responsibility.

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
looks like (possibl) someone has fallen against the shower screen, and dragged the fittings to the right??

is the screen loose now???

total stab in the dark.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
If it was movement from the building i'd be expecting to see a crack all the way up the wall, that's why i was querying if there was perhaps further cracking up the wall. Tiles could have also been left with no movement gap off the bath. Was tricky to see where the crack actually was from the images. just all a guess really 🤷‍♂️

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Suspect this is from movement , weight of bath water over time bearing on supporting batten fixed to wall under the bath lip. ( just a guess though).

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would say the tile is cut too tight to the metal part of the tv, hot showers, metal expands, tile cracks.

Reply to Bathroom Tile Crack in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen