Search the forum,

Discuss Bathroom Metro Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post!
I’m planning to refit my bathroom. The plan is to get rid of the bath and replace with 2 sinks! The sinks are on a metal washstand with the waste going into the wall via a chrome bottle trap. Do I tile the wall prior to fitting the sinks or after? My only worry about tiling before or after is getting a neat finish around the area the waste goes into the wall. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• CEE946D1-4E5C-4BAB-86C8-E06C77A0406D.png
    265.5 KB · Views: 16
O

Old Mod

Def tile first.
You can get a pack of diamond hole cutters from 5-50mm on Amazon for about a tenner.
That'll do for all your fixtures and fittings as a rule.
Pre drill a piece of 6mm board to hole saw Size required, and then place board on tile and use it as a guide so that the drill doesn’t wander. Use damp sponge to keep hole saw cool.

Reaction score
I’ll do that 👍🏾
Def tile first.
You can get a pack of diamond hole cutters from 5-50mm on Amazon for about a tenner.
That'll do for all your fixtures and fittings as a rule.
Pre drill a piece of 6mm board to hole saw Size required, and then place board on tile and use it as a guide so that the drill doesn’t wander. Use damp sponge to keep hole saw cool.

Great I’ll do that, presumably the chrome pipe from the bottle trap will detach to allow me to fit before tiling.

Reply to Bathroom Metro Tiles in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen