Discuss Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

Hi all. Looking for a basic tester/meter to be used before a hair hygrometer on anhydrite screeds.
Many thanks.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at a protimeter hygromaster with a humidity box. Do we think that would do instead of a hygrometer?
@Ajax123
Doubt it. I don't rate the hygroboxes personally and any testing that I have seen done with them has been suspect in the least. The other thing is you have to leave them in place for several days which means trips back and forth to site. If you want a quick answer (30 minutes) then you'd be better off investing in a carbide bomb kit. You can get these online or via travis perkins. If you need a contact at Travis let me know. They are a bit more expensive but worth it if you are talking about big areas of expensive tiles.

Reply to Basic Tester in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All, I have an anhydrite screeded floor that’s been down 4mths. I now need to sand it before...
Replies
Views
Hi, super basic question, Okay to prime standard multifinish surface and left to dry the day...
Replies
Views
Hi, hoping for some advice.... Had a anhydrite screed laid early Feb. Looking at laying 20mm...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi. Screed been down ten years, no issues . I’m about to start the mammoth task of lifting...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay