Search the forum,

Discuss Baldocer textured porcelain, transit wax residue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I've just laid a batch of 600 x 400mm Baldocer textured porcelain tiles and there's a shadow of the transit wax on the surface. Nine patches on each and every tile. I've not come across this before as the wax is usually on the upper surface not the underside and comes off easily. This is different and looks like its an intentional pattern.

What to use? Well for the client to use as they bought the tiles and are happy to do the cleaning themselves.

W

White Room

Take them back to the supplier and question why there are marks on the tiles or if there part of the pattern...

Reaction score
Its just the regular pattern of where the wax has been on the back. Ihave already suggested he take one in to the tile shop. I've also given them a bit of Wax Off to see if that shifts it. I was just wondereing if there's anything else as its not actually wax is it, its a type of plastic?

T

Time's Ran Out

Take them back to the supplier and question why there are marks on the tiles or if there part of the pattern...
I think as he's laid them that might be a problem!
Now the question is did you not notice the marks before fixing, or now if you've been paid let the customer sort it out - they bought them.

Reaction score
Now the question is did you not notice the marks before fixing, or now if you've been paid let the customer sort it out - they bought them.

The usual thing John, a bit of transit wax on top which you knock/scrape off but this has left a "shadow" for want of a better word. It comes off with a good dry scrub but I wondered if any one had seen this before and had an easier solution.

S

Sean SML Tiling

Try rubbing some very fine grout into the shadow sometimes that brings out the wax.

Reply to Baldocer textured porcelain, transit wax residue in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen