Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Tiling Forum 2.0 in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems BAL are giving this forum lark another go. 4 admins, 18 or so moderators. 40 threads. That's two threads each to moderate. And most of the threads have no replies, and are nearly all done by staff.

Their attempt to get the PVA v Primers discussion going shows why it's hard for a company who supplies products and training, to run a 'forum' which by definition means 'open discussion'. Clearly, it isn't going to be open discussion.
Untitled-2.png

And then their terms and conditions state that their whole website doesn't constitute any form of advice, in what I'll call their 'on your own head be it' clause.
Untitled-3.png

Their last posts are weeks old, with gaps between them of weeks. Seems it was online in Jan this year but I haven't heard of it until I stumbled upon it just now. Not sure if they're doing the old 'if you have a CTD trade account you automatically get a BAL Forum account' thing again. As they have 1300+ members somehow.

Fair play to them for trying again but I don't think it'll work. A nudge from us would be polite so feel free to do a quick google for 'BAL Tiling Forum' and sign up, if that's your thing. :)

O

Old Mod

Haha I stumbled on it over weekend too, was gonna mention their 'find a tiler' service, wasn't sure if it was an existing service or they stole it from forum or other! :D

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Well they had that TilerWorld thing which they gave up on or whatever. So I think their tilers are just from that. So their 1300 members may be the same ones from that project.

O

Old Mod

Oh ok, yeah I wasn't sure of the history, so didn't pay it much attention.
I did notice how forum was a bit like tumbleweed tho! Haha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They're hard to get going when you're not trying to sell training or products let alone when you are! Out of 28 or so I owned at peak, think we have 6 or 7 online now. If that. The time and effort needed behind them is immense as you know matey. Good luck to them though. They're only up the road from me. Must drive past their unit a few times a week at least.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just realised they've broken the style in threads. Doesn't work properly on mobiles. Thought the actual software might not be mobile friendly but it seems the actual developers own website forum does work fine so must be something bal have ballsed up.

D

Dumbo

Maybe they have sh#t on to many tilers to many times for anybody to be bothered with them

D

Dumbo

Seems BAL are giving this forum lark another go. 4 admins, 18 or so moderators. 40 threads. That's two threads each to moderate. And most of the threads have no replies, and are nearly all done by staff.

Their attempt to get the PVA v Primers discussion going shows why it's hard for a company who supplies products and training, to run a 'forum' which by definition means 'open discussion'. Clearly, it isn't going to be open discussion.
View attachment 86779

And then their terms and conditions state that their whole website doesn't constitute any form of advice, in what I'll call their 'on your own head be it' clause.
View attachment 86780

Their last posts are weeks old, with gaps between them of weeks. Seems it was online in Jan this year but I haven't heard of it until I stumbled upon it just now. Not sure if they're doing the old 'if you have a CTD trade account you automatically get a BAL Forum account' thing again. As they have 1300+ members somehow.

Fair play to them for trying again but I don't think it'll work. A nudge from us would be polite so feel free to do a quick google for 'BAL Tiling Forum' and sign up, if that's your thing. :)
I thought pva verses primers was done and dusted as a topic by anybody who knows anything about tiling and other than tilers who else would be on their site

Reply to BAL Tiling Forum 2.0 in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen