Discuss Bal supercover adhesive on UFH in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Cward

TF
Reaction score
Hi all scenario is, 40mtr concrete floor warm-up ufh 150w then self levelled, all tiled with 600x300 porcelain tiles, not a prob here's where the problem is it's all tiled with around 15mm gap all around the edge awaiting skirting only to discover it's been put down with Bal supercover (not flexie) although bal flexie grout was used. I understood there is a little polymer added even to the standard adhesive and it does feel slightly rubberery. Anyone have any experience will they lift or is there a chance it could be ok?
Thanks in advance.

T

Tile Shop

Its a C1 adhesive which means it doesn't have improved characteristics. Underfloor heating requires either C2 or C2S1. The polymer that is built in is BAL's Porcelbond which just makes it suitable for porcelain tiles, but doesn't make it flexible.

You might be lucky if you ramp up the heating very slowly and don't run it at full whack, but my fear would be that it will make the tiles pop at some point.

Do you have insulation boards between the screed and the UFH mat?

T

Tile Shop

oh dear. Sorry but it is wrong and has a high chance of lifting. Got my fingers crossed but that's the best I can offer.

Reply to Bal supercover adhesive on UFH in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks