Search the forum,

Discuss Bal GT1 Admixture.......... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I realize this may arrive too late, however using BAL GT1 with Grout 3000 would be OK. For obvious reasons we'd prefer Flexmaster to be used, but where it is needed, GT1 will be suitable.

I don't believe GT1 to be a PVA, although it is a form of enhanced liquid polymer that will increase the adhesion properties and flexibility of the grout, or product it is added into. I am not sure of the dilution rates of GT1 however so would suggest adding small amounts at a time to get to the consistency you would usually see from using Flexmaster with Grout 3000.

Of course there is no issue with you using Flexmaster in all applications of Grout 3000, however our usual advice would be to use Grout 3000 & Flexmaster in any application where Ultimate adhesive (S2) has needed to be used. Steel substrates, T&G Floorboards, Fibreglass etc. In all other appliactions, Grout 3000 can be used as it is.

I hope this helps.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi Andy,

I realize this may arrive too late, however using BAL GT1 with Grout 3000 would be OK. For obvious reasons we'd prefer Flexmaster to be used, but where it is needed, GT1 will be suitable.

I don't believe GT1 to be a PVA, although it is a form of enhanced liquid polymer that will increase the adhesion properties and flexibility of the grout, or product it is added into. I am not sure of the dilution rates of GT1 however so would suggest adding small amounts at a time to get to the consistency you would usually see from using Flexmaster with Grout 3000.

Of course there is no issue with you using Flexmaster in all applications of Grout 3000, however our usual advice would be to use Grout 3000 & Flexmaster in any application where Ultimate adhesive (S2) has needed to be used. Steel substrates, T&G Floorboards, Fibreglass etc. In all other appliactions, Grout 3000 can be used as it is.

I hope this helps.
Thank you for your reply.
And it makes a change to hear an honest reply for once, instead of... Use our products only, or your world will come crashing down around you reply.
Rest assured given more time I would of used all tilemaster products, as there excellent to work with.... :)

Reply to Bal GT1 Admixture.......... in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen