Search the forum,

Discuss bal flex bone 2 easy in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

on sand and cement screeds you can go straight one. but with gypsum based screeds they have to be 1,5 or below as moisture can mush the gypsum this reeding is a carbide bomb test

how can the mat fail its not stuck to any thing ?
To be honest I don't know but if their is more than one component to the Mat they could become delaminated from one another

D

Dumbo

I've just looked at the mat in question and I'm not saying it will, but it does have a mesh on top which could if there was a problem in manufacturing delaminate from the body , so yes it could fail, happened to dural

H

hmtiling

I'm seeing more and more tilers shouting flexbone at any problematic job. It's usually ones who don't know too much and have been brainwashed by bal's(gutjahr's) brand new (not new) wonder product.

D

Dumbo

I'm seeing more and more tilers shouting flexbone at any problematic job. It's usually ones who don't know too much and have been brainwashed by bal's(gutjahr's) brand new (not new) wonder product.
Yes it might be quick but I can fix dural ci down for pretty much the same money if you take into consideration the price of the product itself .

H

hmtiling

Yes it might be quick but I can fix dural ci down for pretty much the same money if you take into consideration the price of the product itself .
There's much cheaper, tried and tested alternatives for green s&c screeds. It's also more cost effective for me to fit membranes with anhyfix to gypsum based screeds. That being said, if cost is no issue and time is a constraint then it certainly has its place

D

Dumbo

There's much cheaper, tried and tested alternatives for green s&c screeds. It's also more cost effective for me to fit membranes with anhyfix to gypsum based screeds. That being said, if cost is no issue and time is a constraint then it certainly has its place
I think I will wait until there have been a few failures. Not necessarily the fault of the mat but instalation ,
He'll is that bal tech .
Oh right so you did that with it , should of been done like this then it would of been ok .

Reply to bal flex bone 2 easy in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen