Search the forum,

Discuss bal flex bone 2 easy in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

just thought id up date, finally got the go ahead from lewis the bal rep who ,moisture tested the anhydrite floor. after 35 days finally got moisture down to 1.5 so gave us the good to go so we started yesterday with a dark gray riven limestone 600 x 900x 20mm thick 220 mtrs to lay.
1st thing about the job no sanding so after a sweep and vacume started to roll out the flex bone matting was so easy to lay and two days in we have 60 mtrs down.
i would like to thank lewis from bal for his advice and for carrying out the carbide moisture test.was worried it would sound hollow when walking on but it sounds just like any other decoupling mat floor ive done. will defo use again.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I thought one of the selling points of the 2E was that it could go straight on new screeds and will continue to cure after tiling complete. Why do we need to still do moisture tests?

T

Time's Ran Out

... and what happens to the 25 year guarantee if you use Weber adhesive with it?

D

Dumbo

So i had it out with one of their reps , if the mat fails they will guarantee it , if you use bal products they will guarantee the whole installation. After all It does have to be of merchantable quality . The problem lies proving which part has failed .

J

Just Rizzle

I thought one of the selling points of the 2E was that it could go straight on new screeds and will continue to cure after tiling complete. Why do we need to still do moisture tests?
on sand and cement screeds you can go straight one. but with gypsum based screeds they have to be 1,5 or below as moisture can mush the gypsum this reeding is a carbide bomb test
So i had it out with one of their reps , if the mat fails they will guarantee it , if you use bal products they will guarantee the whole installation. After all It does have to be of merchantable quality . The problem lies proving which part has failed .
how can the mat fail its not stuck to any thing ?

Reply to bal flex bone 2 easy in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen