Discuss BAL bond sbr ok for screed priming? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Brody29

as above , got an 80mm sand and cement screed to tile, been recommended I use an acrylic primer to help the adhesive bond with the slab. Went to topps tiles today and asked for acrylic primer, got home and realised they have given me bond, it does say can be used to seal screeds, but just wondering if this would work any different to the actual bal prime apd?

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Not a Bal user so not up to spec with their products but I've only ever primed sand and cement screeds with SBR, works perfectly imo.

B

Brody29

Rich , yes it is definitely a sand and cement screed.
Impish, that's reasurring , I will use it then. Does it need to be watered down at all?

T

Time's Ran Out

How long has the screed been down ?
Who recommended an acrylic primer?
Which make of tile adhesive are you considering?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
when you prime a screed the adhesive does not bond with the screed but with the primer. the most important thing is that the primer itself bonds with the slab so that you have a good solid base to work from. Acrylic and SBR are both good for this purpose as is epoxy...

Reply to BAL bond sbr ok for screed priming? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks