Search the forum,

Discuss Backer board joint sealing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

serval

TF
Reaction score
Looking at using a backer board like jacko, wedi, kerdi, etc and im not sure on whats the most suitable way to seal the banding tape for the joints, washers etc.

Some posts ive read people just use a SPF addy to bed the tape onto. Then theres full on sealing kits like this

Other than the sealing kits being made by the same manufacturer as the boards for compatibility is there a significant benefit of using one over the other?

Also Ive seen quite a few posts where people mix and match products, i.e board from one manufacturer and tapes from another. Is there any potential issues with that?
I guess its all fairly similar stuff at the end of the day

do you guys use the manufacturer specific screws for the fixing washers or will something like turbo gold be fine since it will be taped and covered anyway

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
I mix brands with no problems but manufacturers do like you to use they’re products for an installation.
I tape all transitions etc stuck on with adhesive and then tank these parts.

Reply to Backer board joint sealing in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen