Search the forum,

Discuss Back injury prevention in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Look.up the reverse hyper by a man called Louis Simmons he's a lunatic powerlifting coach he knows his stuff also look up.joe rogan on YouTube he suffered with serious back issues and his podcasts could teach u a fair bit
Just checked out the reverse hyper on JRE looks spot on, ive turned my dinner table into one haha cheers dude

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They also make a kind of head harness u attached to ur door frame and hang from.ur neck for spinal decompression

O

One Day

It's true that core strength really helps prevent back injury.
While that reverse hyper looks good - I doubt it'll do much for core muscles though, and I'd warn against attempting it with a bad back.
Core strength is from your hip flexors and obliques, as well as many other internal muscles, which instead of working to lift, twist and move you are there to PREVENT movement which could damage.
Read up on hip flexors - I'm convinced it's these that protect our backs far more than ripped 8 packs and strong lower back muscles.

O

On one

Not sure if this will help in your case @james hailwood.......
From the age of 18-35 I had chronic back pain that nothing seemed to help, not physio, not painkillers, not even a horse chiropractor(yes they do exist!)
But after another painful episode that had me doubled up, I went to an ex NHS doctor who practiced privately doing manipulation ect ect.
I could immediately see why he was an ex NHS doctor.......shocking bedside manners!
For 18 of the 20 minute appointment he would preach this and that, ie sit up straight(FFS I have a bad back)
The other 2 gems he came up with were........Don't have bath! and in the middle of the night get up and have a walk about!. Now at this stage if I could have hit, if I didn't have a bad back!
What he meant was to have a shower rather than a bath, so I duly fitted an electric shower over the bath and despite it taking a number of years to come to fruition, touch wood I am (back) pain free.
The thinking being that the warm water manipulates your unsupported spine into an unnatural position when you have a bath.
I drew the line at his suggestion No2

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Since starting core exercises around 2 years ago my discs have stayed in place.suffered for years with bulging disks and sciatica,don't get me wrong,my back still aches but it's more under control now.keep up the exercises and try and set a time to get off your knees every day.(I try my best to take my pads off by half 3)

O

One Day

1483737433586.jpg

Guess who will have the strongest back?!

area tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Know how you feel , I've been off work since Xmas eve , with what can only be described as someone shocking me with an electric fence or ripping something of my leg everytime I try to bend over , or get in or out of a car ! Pain in the hips and down the back of hamstring area ! Tried allsorts of painkillers, physio , acupuncture and now dry needling! Nothing's working and waiting for scans is a nightmare, can't see the end of this anytime soon !

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Know how you feel , I've been off work since Xmas eve , with what can only be described as someone shocking me with an electric fence or ripping something of my leg everytime I try to bend over , or get in or out of a car ! Pain in the hips and down the back of hamstring area ! Tried allsorts of painkillers, physio , acupuncture and now dry needling! Nothing's working and waiting for scans is a nightmare, can't see the end of this anytime soon !

Exactly what I've had, twice, thought it was sciatica, but it's a bulging disc L1, in the base of my spine, exercises from physio sorted it out bit took a couple of months, really wary of over stretching now and I mix smaller tubs of adhesive now so I'm not pulling to one side as much

james hailwood

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive been using a chiropractor 3x this last week. I had an MRI Wednesday which said I had a herniated disc, I seen him the afternoon n had a little spliff in the evening (dont smoke usually) slept through all night without waking up n woke up for work with no pain at all. Pretty crazy as couple of weeks ago I felt near suicidal with it all lol. Im not saying ganja is good for ya at all but it does help a lot of people in constant pain like MS, fibromyalgia and even cancer.

Reply to Back injury prevention in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen