Discuss Awkward cuts - whats your method in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Aston

Following on from Bri's thread, 'awkward cuts' I thought it would be good to see what various methods we all use for things like curves, bends and shapes / obstacles etc

Do you like to scribe around obstacles and shapes OR do you prefer to use paper/card templates or profiles gauges?

Curves and bends always throw up a few challenges so whats you favorite method for the various cuts.

O

Old Mod

What ever method I remember at the time! Haha
All of the above!
Template with whatever is to hand, whether it be box tiles came in, corex or anything else.
Tape measure frequently.
Rubi angle finder or this thing I picked up at a boot sale!
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Or I just guess! Haha

O

Old Mod

Ha ha know exactly what you mean .....got through many a shirt with this method..

It was a Tilers uniform Andy! Haha

Before grinders and wet cutters we used tile nips or a rod saw for every awkward cut......cutting round a socket would take for ever....
And always snap on the last little bit...:mad:

Oh god now I'm having flashbacks! :eek:

I do struggle to find a decent pair of nips tho, with tips that don't disintegrate on harder porcelain tiles!:(
I miss the old BAL style nippers!

S

Simon benn Leeds

Knipex parrot beak pincers!...
Not everyone can use them tho.

Bit like me being left handed and trying to use a left handed serator!..... IMPOSSIBLE ha ha

O

Old Mod

Knipex parrot beak pincers!...
Not everyone can use them tho.

Bit like me being left handed and trying to use a left handed serator!..... IMPOSSIBLE ha ha

Yeah I have parrot nippers (don't know who's!) think might of used them for one day!
Rubi glass/porcelain wheeled nippers.
Rubi parrot nippers as well as above,
Oh those stupid nippers with the chipping hammer on one side! Hahahaha
(Desperate one day, think that's all they lasted, porc's again, bus trips off)
Etc, etc. :D
still want my Bal Nippers *stamps feet!* :(

Reply to Awkward cuts - whats your method in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks