Search the forum,

Discuss Asphalt roof terrace with tiling on top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi,

The fibreglass waterproofing under my 10m2 roof terrace has failed and I am getting quotes for this to be replaced with asphalt (more hard-wearing?). On top of this I would like to tile the surface (mosaic/geometric).

Is there anything specific I need to tell the roofers to ensure the surface is suitable for tiling? For example, I've read that I need "floor grade" vs "roof grade" asphalt laid.

Alternatively, should I be looking for a contractor that will do both the waterproofing and tiling, and where would be a good place to look for that contractor?

I've already read these threads:

I'm based in London.

Thanks!

Reply to Asphalt roof terrace with tiling on top in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen