Discuss armeg rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

philg43

Thanks Kev and Gary.:thumbsup:

People find it much too easy in this day and age to complain about things.

It's great when people take time out to say thanks.

Phil.:8:

F

Fred

Hi Fred,

The operating guidelines must be followed for the carbide bits otherwise failure can occur. They are:-
a) the speed must be 700-900 r.pm. We have had drill bits sent back that have heavy scoring around the shanks. This indicates that the chuck of the power tool has not been tightened correctly and so speed of operation cannot be guaranteed.
b) a constant flow of water must be applied to the drill tip at all times during drilling. This is not massive volumes of water, a fine jet is sufficient from a pressure sprayer.
c) in the hardest grades of porcelain, a fairly firm pressure must be applied to keep the drill bit progressing through the tile. If the drill bit is allowed to "dwell" in the tile, not making progress, then wear can occur. If it is taking you more than a few seconds to produce a hole then it is invariably due to the fact that not enough pressure is being applied.

Best regards,

Phil.

Thanks for that reply phil. I believe I did all that. It was on porclian tiles, 10mm drill as I recall. It only lasted 10 drills, is that correct?

P

philg43

Thanks for that reply phil. I believe I did all that. It was on porclian tiles, 10mm drill as I recall. It only lasted 10 drills, is that correct?

Hi Fred,

Sorry about the delay, been busy with an exhibition and one of those weekend thingys.:yes:

I usually quote worst case scenario in the hardest grades of porcelain. If used correctly you should achieve 15 - 20 holes. This could rise to over 50 depending on the grade and thickness of the tile.

The most common problem people have is when they don't apply enough pressure whilst drilling. It sounds a bit backwards but you can wear these drill bits by not pressing on hard enough. They must be allowed to make progress, if they "dwell" wear will occur.

The first holes should be produced in seconds. If this doesn't happen, it's usually down to incorrect speed or insufficient pressure.

If you still have the drill bit, please feel free to send it to me, I will take a look and see if I can shed any light on it. PM me for a return address if you like.

Phil.

D

Deleted member 1779

When you use a 365drills product you get durability from diamonds that encrust each Porsadrill holesaw. Even our 6mm and 8mm holesaws have diamonds.

drilling_tiles.jpg

Above shows the begining of an 8mm hole being formed by diamonds with Porsadrill

If you contrast and compare A and B below.

A: Was drilled by a competitor product using arrow tip cardbide drills of 8mm.
B: Was drilled by a 365Drills 8mm diamond Porsadrill holesaw.

tiledrills.jpg

You can see that the arrow tip has "swathed" at the tile from an inner point causing a distortion of the hole as it roughly "beats" the edges to widen the hole in an ever increasing diameter.

In contrast 365drills bore a perfect barrel into the hard material. It does this by slowly grinding away at the material so that there are no chips or scratches.

tiledrills_2.jpg

Drilling multiple holes with a single drill bit is a routine task for Porsadrill

Reply to armeg rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks