Discuss armeg rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

i spent over £200 for a hole cutting kit for armeg about 18months ago i am really disappointed with it the arbour has fallen apart and the diamond shaped tungsten pilot drill bits are expensive and dont last long in my opinion

H

Highlander

Have the Armeg kit in the store never use it. Use 365 bits now less hassle no mess with water everywhere as you said bits dont last long.

Highlander

P

philg43

i spent over £200 for a hole cutting kit for armeg about 18months ago i am really disappointed with it the arbour has fallen apart and the diamond shaped tungsten pilot drill bits are expensive and dont last long in my opinion

Hi Gary, sorry for the problems you have encountered.

Which part of your arbour has fallen apart ?

How many holes are you getting out of the tungsten carbide bits?

Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

Phil.

P

philg43

Used their diamond shaped drill once.............that was once................:lol:

Hi Fred,

The operating guidelines must be followed for the carbide bits otherwise failure can occur. They are:-
a) the speed must be 700-900 r.pm. We have had drill bits sent back that have heavy scoring around the shanks. This indicates that the chuck of the power tool has not been tightened correctly and so speed of operation cannot be guaranteed.
b) a constant flow of water must be applied to the drill tip at all times during drilling. This is not massive volumes of water, a fine jet is sufficient from a pressure sprayer.
c) in the hardest grades of porcelain, a fairly firm pressure must be applied to keep the drill bit progressing through the tile. If the drill bit is allowed to "dwell" in the tile, not making progress, then wear can occur. If it is taking you more than a few seconds to produce a hole then it is invariably due to the fact that not enough pressure is being applied.

Best regards,

Phil.

T

TilingLogistics

Hi Fred,

The operating guidelines must be followed for the carbide bits otherwise failure can occur. They are:-
a) the speed must be 700-900 r.pm. We have had drill bits sent back that have heavy scoring around the shanks. This indicates that the chuck of the power tool has not been tightened correctly and so speed of operation cannot be guaranteed.
b) a constant flow of water must be applied to the drill tip at all times during drilling. This is not massive volumes of water, a fine jet is sufficient from a pressure sprayer.
c) in the hardest grades of porcelain, a fairly firm pressure must be applied to keep the drill bit progressing through the tile. If the drill bit is allowed to "dwell" in the tile, not making progress, then wear can occur. If it is taking you more than a few seconds to produce a hole then it is invariably due to the fact that not enough pressure is being applied.

Best regards,

Phil.

I think in all fairness Phil when you want to drill a hole thats it. Setting speeds on drills etc? How many fixers has one of those then? I carry a system with me but I also use it more than most and I am regularly asked to drill Granite, Marble & Porcelain. When you see these systems at shows it is conveyed to the potential purchaser just how easy it is to drill holes.!!! At the end of the day I think most people want simplicity.

Kev

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i have a few montolit cutters for my angle grinder and they are the business,,expensive though,,also recently bought 365 drill set so shall try out soon on a job also but look good for the money they cost,,

S

Spud

armeg have dealt with me in a very fair manner and have offered to replace the arbour , you cant argue with good customer service and it was the distributor not armeg who didnt want to know when i complained thanks phil for dealing with this so quickly all the best gaz

T

TilingLogistics

I think its great when a manufacturer sorts a problem like this:hurray:

Well Done Phil at Armeg:hurray::hurray::hurray:

Kev

Reply to armeg rubbish? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks