Search the forum,

Discuss Argument With Tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

markwm

The trim I used on my door wasn't a tile trim, it was a 8x8 piece of aluminium. Dunno why I used that but it hasn't scratched in a decade.

I had to show him a picture because he only wanted to trim around the floor bit, not on the door. :-/

Reaction score
"So he goes to the van to get the hammer, I follow him to make sure he can't come back. Long story short, he turns around to square up to me as if he was going to hit me and then he found himself pinned up against his van asking me to put him down."
A tiler "debatable" who cant square up tile trims, should not have tried to square up to anyone. £60 is such a let off for the work he has left you to rectify.

M

Makaveli

I don't wanna tar everyone with the same brush as I know there's some good trades out there but dealing with tradesmen is just more trouble than it's worth for the most part. Seems like it would be an awesome job if you didn't know the difference between good work and bad.

Totally agree mate. So many Cowboys out there.
They may be qualified but their work is rubbish.
I could do their jobs better.
I've only had good experience with some plasterers the rest of trades where rubbish.
Espccially so called tilers!

O

Old Mod

Couldn't agree more!
Fed up to the back teeth with so called 'joiners' Preping rooms!
Do it better myself! :rolleyes:

M

Makaveli

Couldn't agree more!
Fed up to the back teeth with so called 'joiners' Preping rooms!
Do it better myself! :rolleyes:
Haha, the tiler I employed wouldn't have done any prep, I had to tell him what to do and how long to leave the applied product.
Not saying all tilers are the same.
But must be my luck, I hired two different tilers.
First one should have been in a western film the second who was hired to rectify the first tilers work was slightly better but finishing touches were lacking in quality.

O

Old Mod

Haha, the tiler I employed wouldn't have done any prep, I had to tell him what to do and how long to leave the applied product.
Not saying all tilers are the same.
But must be my luck, I hired two different tilers.
First one should have been in a western film the second who was hired to rectify the first tilers work was slightly better but finishing touches were lacking in quality.
Well I'm glad u have a sense of humour! :rolleyes:
I bet now u'll ask for references or want to see previous work!
Otherwise this is where u'll find urself again! :)

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
image.jpeg

Not saying you are.....but some are.

Reply to Argument With Tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen