Search the forum,

Discuss Ardex Eg8 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Hi all, i ordered 5 tubs of this today. Trying it for the first time. I normally use kerapoxy and have used easypoxy as well. What do people think of the Ardex?? Ease of use?? clean up etc??

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Brilliant stuff. So easy to use. I think I wrote a thread about it last year Clean up not a problem. It's pretty thick when you mix it up. Unlike normal grout you can use as much water as you like to clean it off the face of the tile.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
Cheers Sean. Did you just use sponges or emulsifying pads?? I am trying the Ardex as i can get it from CTD in Cambridge. Not really local but local ish. Every other time i have to order from miles away which is a pain.

O

Old Mod

Cool thanks. I'm liking the sound of the Ardex more. What's it like for pot life? is it like it says on the tin?
Haha c'mon Paul, when have u ever heard the words 'pot life' and 'epoxy' in the same setence? Hahaha

And I make Sean right! Forget sponges, use spongetex cloths from supermarket mate 5 for £1 best by far!!!!

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
True Marc, pot life of most things now seem stretched. We can live in hope though. I will get some spongetex cloths and sponges and emulsifying pads and microfibre cloths. Can't be to prepared with epoxy.

O

Old Mod

True Marc, pot life of most things now seem stretched. We can live in hope though. I will get some spongetex cloths and sponges and emulsifying pads and microfibre cloths. Can't be to prepared with epoxy.
Don't say I didn't warn u when I said spongtex was the best! Hahaha

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Used the ardex Epoxy once. Lovely to use. Mixes well and you do get a reasonable time to work with it and clean up before you start sweating profusely.
White penny mosaic floor is what I used it on.

Reply to Ardex Eg8 in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen