Search the forum,

Discuss aquapanel onto floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

I suggest using 6mm Hardiebacker boards. They are water resistant. Simply fix onto a thin bed of ashesive to fill any voids through uneven floorboards and screw every 200 centres.

No need to prime either!
Andy, can you confirm which type of adhesive is suitable to bed the boards, and which to fix tiles with when using 6mm boards fixed down in this method ....Gaz

P

pr1970

Thanks for that.
Can i just check , should I put down some 6mm ply first then the hardibacker or could I put the hardibacker straight down onto the existing floorboards (with screws & adhesive).
Would prefer not to use ply as that add to the height of the floor.

Cheers

Paul

D

DHTiling

Hi paul...

Make sure the floorboards are well fixed and secure then use a flexi adhesive to put a base for the hardie board then fix with screws......

Reply to aquapanel onto floorboards in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, Can't seem to find a solid answer as I realise so much depends on multiple factors. I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen