Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody still use Mapei?? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Q

Qwerty

I use Mapei alot. I only use their SLC's, I use Keraquick alot and P9 too. UCP, kerapoxy and mapesil. Aquadefense for liquid tanking and WP200 for sheet membrane when necessary.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Started using P9 and UCP, and don't have problems with discolouration of grout.

O

On one

My go to grout USED to be UCP.
God I used to sing it's praises on here and couldn't understand how other tilers were having a problem with it........until I had a problem with FF on some ceramics.......back up from the local rep has been non existent so no point in using Mapei anymore!
And breath......

F

Flintstone

Think I've used mapei adhesive once in my career. The grout, I've used a couple of times but only white and found it ok even tho it dropped on the floor a lot if I remember rightly! The current job I'm on will be grouted with ucp and kerapoxy so I'll see how that goes!
To be honest, mapei sponsor this forum but don't do them selfs any favours by not contributing.

O

One Day

Only Mapelastic smart (which is a brilliant waterproofing system by the way!), and a lot of kerapoxy which I still prefer to anything from Kerakoll.

D

Dumbo

TBH I must be useless I find the consistency changes at the slightest drop of water near it . Hard to wash of textured tiles , easy to wash out of the joints . But I am considering using kerapoxy on wet room floors

B

Blunt Tool

A857AB5F-3366-4465-AD0F-7806BBC7C8DF.jpeg

M

MTiler

TBH I must be useless I find the consistency changes at the slightest drop of water near it . Hard to wash of textured tiles , easy to wash out of the joints . But I am considering using kerapoxy on wet room floors
Use Kerakolls Fugalite, its much nicer and easier to use.

Reply to Anybody still use Mapei?? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. As title suggests. Used to use this forum a while back but seems my account was deleted...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen