Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Anybody Else Use Rapid Set Today? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dougs Third Go

hell, it was hard work!, only a 6m floor on bathroom I've been working on, but it took 3 mixes with the heat setting it so quick. I would've used standard set but I need the rapid so I could shift gear back in there overnight....now topping up my liquid with a coupla' ciders ;)

I

Ian

I didn't dare today mate, did a 5m conservatory floor on Monday, took 4 mixes. Was getting about 15 mins pot life!

Reaction score
20 metres of limestone flags yesterday and today. Using Setaflex, and getting 10-15 minutes pot life in the afternoons. Man that made me sweat. But what I couldn't understand is why my leveller only became dry enough to tile over 48 hours after spreading (10-15mm depths)?

J

Just Rizzle

was laying 900x 600 limestone tiles didn't start till 4pm put 20 sq mtrs down by 7 using tilemaster ultimate rapid back tomorrow for 4pm start have 30 mts to put down in weather like this i go continental had a 2hr lie down this afternoon woken up by thunderstorm

P

p4ulo

Nope, but I did a load of grouting, and although the grouting process was an absolute joy (hardly any waiting for it to chalk-up) I did shed about 2stone in sweat. I had to empty my gloves out!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Perhaps room in the market for a thermal bucket. Mind you it's the floor temp I guess that contributes the most.

Portable air con unit in the room the day before maybe.

Reply to Anybody Else Use Rapid Set Today? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks