Search the forum,

Discuss Another plasterer, having a go at tiling my first floor (at home) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

christonabike

Hi all, as in the title I'm having a go at tiling my first floor 30m. I'm using 600x300 porcelain unglazed tiles. It hasn't gone too well so far. I used ever build self-leveller and latex, showed it the way around with a trowel and left it to do it's thing. It didn't do it's thing, it's by far the worst stuff I've used. I scraped the trip hazards off with the back of my trowel but it's far from ideal. That was a couple of months ago, my tiles are here now and I want to get on with it. I'm unsure what I can get away with, weather to put a better leveller over it or crack on. Opinions and experiences appreciated.

O

One Day

The better your floor, the better your finish will be. Don't scrimp on prep. Get some decent leveller, prime the existing rubbish with a proper primer and get it nice and flat.

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Got to agree with Mark in the post above.
Far easier to sort the floor than it is to sort the tiles!

D

Dumbo

Latex doesn't self level in fact any body putting that on a bag should be by trade descriptions

C

christonabike

The better your floor, the better your finish will be. Don't scrimp on prep. Get some decent leveller, prime the existing rubbish with a proper primer and get it nice and flat.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Got to agree with Mark in the post above.
Far easier to sort the floor than it is to sort the tiles!

Thanks guys, I kind of know the answer but not sure what you can get away with. Any suggestions on a decent leveller and what to prime it with. In the past I've always used slightly more water than stated and had no issues but now the internet's about and I've read more I've gone by the book with this stuff, mostly because I was mixing it with their latex.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome! Hows it going?

C

christonabike

IMG_0320.JPG

C

christonabike

Does anybody know if I'm right in using Mapei G primer, Renovation screed, G primer again followed by P9 Adhesive?

Reply to Another plasterer, having a go at tiling my first floor (at home) in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen