Search the forum,

Discuss Angle grinder?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hi, did my 1st job at the weekend, trying to think about the best tools for the job. I have a TS50 for straight cuts. Also a cheap wet cutter, but I didn't use it.
I used a jigsaw, with a tile blade, for around sockets etc, But it seemed hard work.
I have not got a grinder, but would consider getting one if knew it would do things like that better..
Do you all set up a wet cutter for most jobs, Or do you use grinder? jigsaw?

And which grinder?

G

Gazzer

Jigsaws are a waste of time IMO.
Cutting around sockets is best done on the wet sawwhith the guard removed and "plunge" the tile down (glazed side up).
Next way would be an angle grinder with good (Marcrist, Norton) wheel. Make sure the tile is held secure on a bench before attempting cutting and that your hands are dry. Let the wheel do the cutting and dont force it.
Makita make a small hand held tile cutter ideal for such a job but it has its limits being battery powered nd the water bottle feeder is prone to breakage and leaking. Some people love them and others hate them.

Which ever way you choose please be aware of safety.

Eye protection,
Ear Protection,
dust mask,
especially with the angle grinder :thumbsup:

Reply to Angle grinder?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.