Search the forum,

Discuss Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Currently I don’t use leveling clips. Having read about them and seen threads on here I’m considering using them. If I you get a better finish and quicker then why not?

When do you guys use them?

- size type of tile
- wall / floor
- do they mean that the surface to be tiled need not be as good as without them in terms of level etc

As ever many thanks

W

Waluigi

I’ve done a couple of porcel-thin jobs now. Not on the scale of some of the people on here, just the small 120 x 60cm tiles. There’s no way I’d even attempt this type of job without them. That’s wall tiles

I’m doing some 70 x 25cm ceramics next week and I’ll be using clips on these too.

Job after that is some small 40 x 20 white tiles. No need for clips IMHO.

B

Bill

The plank job I did last week, the tiles were bowed and the floor was a tad uneven due to it being laid over existing (height issues meant I couldn't screed ontop or have the existing removed) so the clips made the job easier.

F

Flintstone

This has been debated many many times on here. The best thing for you to do is get your self a starter set with enough to do a job or whatever you like and make your own mind up if they work for you. Bare in mind they will take a bit of getting used to. Next question which brand ? Personal choice but pro tiler tools own brand seem to get some good reviews I'm sure they have a deal for you

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Which are the best ones to use then chaps?

Reply to Am I missing out not using levelling clips in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen