Search the forum,

Discuss Advice to an Apprentice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Could be anything from Watch, listen and learn to Good job!

For me it was - wear gloves!
Sand and cement pin holes are very painfull.

T

Time's Ran Out

40 years ago it would be trying to find the red box on some street corner!
It will be like radios soon and they will be banned on sites.
What I find is Tilers spend all their time on those Forums instead of earning real money.

T

Time's Ran Out

Surely that's a Draconian point of view made by a tyrant employer rather than the present day approach of understanding employment laws.
The encouragement of additional remuneration for production would be a better way of installing the work ethic that you seem to suggest.
If the apprentice is on the job for 7.30/8.00 and does a solid days work, with travelling times he can be doing a 9 hour day at least. 45 hours for a basic wage seems reasonable for most.

stone tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha I've been called a lot of things but Draconian is a new one...tyrant is what the wife calls me!!

I suppose it depends on the "basic wage" element. What is the minimum wage today?

And travelling can't count as part of the workday either, that's just life. Asda etc don't count travelling in their daily working hours allowance and they also ban mobile phones/facebook/tea breaks whilst on the job. I'm actually far too soft!! haha

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

We had no mobile phones no Pizza Hut, no subway we had to carry the hand cart and the horse up the cobbled streets when the horse got tired all this off a dry scrap of Hovis**yawn**:drool5:

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Haha I've been called a lot of things but Draconian is a new one...tyrant is what the wife calls me!!

I suppose it depends on the "basic wage" element. What is the minimum wage today?

And travelling can't count as part of the workday either, that's just life. Asda etc don't count travelling in their daily working hours allowance and they also ban mobile phones/facebook/tea breaks whilst on the job. I'm actually far too soft!! haha

Have to disagree with the travelling time,people who work in asda generally live close to work,am doing 130 miles a day I give the boss two hours in the morning he gives me two hours in the afternoon,or I simply wouldn't travel that far.:)

Reply to Advice to an Apprentice. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen