Discuss Advice Please in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com.

D

David Rowell

hello everyone,

i No this is an age old topic but, i could really do with a hand choosing between a sigma 75 max or a montolit p3. If anyone has had either could you please share the pros and cons please and also if there is any reps on here id like to here from you all.

Cheers Dave

W

White Room

I would say Sigma but haven't used the montolit so would be a bit biased, they all seem to pretty similar in design recently but the Sigma does the job for me.

There are other good cutters on the market like the Battipav which I have had a go at and is a great cutter.

D

David Rowell

I would say Sigma but haven't used the montolit so would be a bit biased, they all seem to pretty similar in design recently but the Sigma does the job for me.

There are other good cutters on the market like the Battipav which I have had a go at and is a great cutter.

Thanks for the quick reply whitebeam, im a bightmare when i come to buy new toys lol. Just like to make sure I get the best for my money. If the sigma looked like tge montolit id of bought it a silly really i no!!

I will take a look at the battipav now

O

One Day

I've used both. I started out with monolit but now sold all except my mini one kept for mosaics. Sigma wins in all areas, especially the 'feel'. I'd only recommend Max handles with push. I don't like the pull handles. Montolit look nicer I suppose with the flash of red paint but the sigma is a superior beast.

D

David Rowell

Another great response!! Ive also done a bit of reading and tubing reviews and have decided im gonna splash the cash and treat myself to the sigma.

My question is though from which dealer?

D

David Rowell

Sigma 75 Max is my day to day cutter. Had it three years I think. Never changed the wheel either!
This is the model im gonna buy inpish. How do you transport it and keep it from getting bashed about? Because im sure you cant get a case can you?

O

One Day

No you can't get a case over 55cm I think. Ask any sigma owner though and they'll all say that they're so tough you don't need one. While I wouldn't stack a pallet on mine, I know it's plenty able to handle life in the back of my van. Besides, handbags (Rubi cases) are for girls! ;)

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Being a big Montolit fan, my vote goes there, though I just bought my first sigma...I am used to push cutters so maybe over time I will get used to pulling. Those who use sigmas never change..that says a lot.

I

Italy

I be a patriot ..........
appear to cost much more in uk sigma,
talking about at least 30% more than in Italy, also calculating euro / sterling 25% difference, if I buy in uk cutter spend at least 50% more.
I'm wrong?This also applies to Montolit

W

White Room

Being a big Montolit fan, my vote goes there, though I just bought my first sigma...I am used to push cutters so maybe over time I will get used to pulling. Those who use sigmas never change..that says a lot.

I changed my handles round so the Sigmas are all push cutters.....

Reply to Advice Please in the Tiling Tools | Tile Tools - Tile Installing Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay