Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
It would help if you could break down the costs. I.e what work has he done? What materials did he supply?

Personally I would right down a snagging list of what you aren't happy with. Hit him with it and see what he says. Ultimately with the floor I would expect him to cough up for the tiles and materials and to pay for a Tiler to lay the floor correctly.

M

Meddler

I would agree with Dynamictiling. If you take on a job it is your responsibility to see it through. Unforeseen conditions is one let out but as all have concluded this is just inexperience and incompetence.

It’s a cruel world but you should not be in any worse state than if he didn’t take the job on. Legally it is his responsibility to replace any wasted materials and complete the job satisfactorily.

One last observation relates to grouting of tiles if a slow set adhesive had been used. Any damage to the bedding / bond was probably done in the course of grouting unless it was possible to grout without standing on the tiles. No excuse at all for failing to read the instructions on the packet.

J

javeiro

Well he came round and agreed that the floor was appalling. My floor isn't good enough for ceramic tiles. So will do without. Carpet maybe? He agreed to deduct the cost of the floor from the balance. And he fixed the shower which will probably leak again where the two doors join theres a slight gap. So £900 , never want to deal with this buffoon again. £1900 spent on this. Could have been worse. Thanks for all your input.

Reaction score
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Shocking work setting out is key to a good job with metro it is luck at times

Reply to Advice Please - Is This Tiling Acceptable? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks