Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on screw sizes for 18mm ply and No More Ply please :-) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

bazza999

Hi all,

Im in the process of renovating our bathroom and needed advice on screw sizes for 18mm ply which will be screwed into the joists and then 6mm nomoreply which will be laid on top of the ply (I know.... the irony...). If someone could advise me on screw length and thickness I'd be very grateful. I will be using the Turbogold screws as previously recommended on here, ut I couldnt find info. on screw thickness.

Thanks in advance :)

I

IHB

Spax Decking Screws 4.5 x 60mm Pack of 200 | NoLinksToThis work well for ply onto joists.

For cement board onto ply use 4 x 25mm or 20mm if you need to be sure it doesn't project through the ply.

Q

Qwerty

Here are all the turbogold screws screwfix sell with dimensions etc. Value and quality there are best IMO

http://m.NoLinksToThis/c/screws-nai...Desc&cat=cat840768&nbActionFormEncoding=UTF-8

B

bazza999

Thanks again. The Spax decking screws are well expensive, any cheaper alternatives for the ply? (just realised its 22mm ply, not that it makes any difference :)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I would use tthese they pull the floor down tight.
Floor-Tite Screws 4.2 × 55mm Pack of 200 | NoLinksToThis

Also it's worth using a decent wood glue ont the joists.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 58
S

SJPurdy

remember that the no more ply should be glued down, the screws only hold it down while the glue sets.

Reply to Advice on screw sizes for 18mm ply and No More Ply please :-) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen