Search the forum,

Discuss Advice on porcelain tile movement. Grout coming out of tiles. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
7F3E4B2D-01C0-459F-867E-5FE977492B0F.jpeg
Just another picture to show where I’m at already with the height difference between my bifold door runner and the floor and this is without underfloor heating tiles etc laid yet just the boards on top of existing adhesive etc. I’ve just forwarded this picture on to the joiner to tell him it will look ridiculous. Does anyone have any opinion on what I have said to him about this? Thanks in advance

Reaction score
This area needed to be a seamless as possible and even with that unsupported edge you are going to have an unecessary step into the room!
You really have to make the decision to have the lot up and start from bare floorboards.

Thanks again. I just needed a professional opinion on it before I start with them! That full lot is coming up one way or another! I’ve heard enough lies and had enough excuses from them to last me a lifetime. Now knowing from this forum (which I’ll be forever grateful for, for all of the expert advice I’ve been given) that I’ve been right all along and they’ve been disregarding my concerns and opinions has pushed me to the point of no more patience or being nice about it.

Reaction score
I hope you finally get someone good to do the work. Nobody deserves the stress you must be going through with all of this.

Thank you so much. I have been so
friendly and accommodating throughout all of this. But I think that has been taken as softness and taken advantage of. A bit off topic but
regarding the stress it has been making me unwell but the hardest part today for me was my 5 year old son absolutely breaking his heart crying telling me that Santa won’t find his house this year without a Christmas tree because the men have made the house to messy to have one. Then the joiner after trying to communicate with him and getting nowhere again disregarding what I had to say. I then mentioned that i had been seeking professional advice from an online forum and his reply to me was he doesn’t give a F what people on any forums have to say. As I said in an earlier post he must have a heart made of pure stone.

W

WetSaw

Looking at how cleanly that has come up surely even he can see that there was no bond at all to the ply.
The first thing to do now is check there's no deflection (bounce) in the floor.

W

Waluigi

That 6mm ply has to come up.

We need to see what’s underneath. It needs insulation board on top of the sub floor before UFH is laid on top.

Reaction score
Have some positive news for a change :)
!! After what you could call a heated Monday morning, we now have a new independent tiler who came highly recommended to us with a portfolio to back it up. He has agreed to take on the job and take full control of what gets done and what is needed and as unbelievable as it is
to me project manager agreed to pay the bill.

The tiler couldn’t believe it when he seen for himself that tiles had been infact laid on 6mm ply (think he thought we must have been exaggerating) and then when I showed him the same pictures that I have posted on here I got the exact same reaction that I received from this forum. I just wanted to come back and thank you all again for giving me that push to get the control back on my side and also for
encouraging me to get someone that I trust to do the work instead.

Reply to Advice on porcelain tile movement. Grout coming out of tiles. in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen