Search the forum,

Discuss Adhesives for Ditra and Porcelain in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

PJPro

TF
Reaction score
Hi All.

I am about to start tiling my hall. The floor is concrete & screed. The plan is to prime the slab with APD, bond the Ditra matting to the slab with Mapei Keraquick S1 and then use Mapei Mapeker to bond the large format porcelain tiles to the Ditra.

I am confused about the modified/unmodified guidance from Schulter depending on whether you are US or EU based. Will my planned adhesives be OK or should I be using something else?

Regards, Phill

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty

Why not use Keraquick for the lot? Mapeker is fine, but not as good an adhesive IMO. Just follow the UK fitting spec and you wont go wrong.
When you say large format are you referring to thin porcelain or just large tiles?

Reaction score
I did the Schluter course recently and their advice is to ignore what's on the US website about using a non-modified thinset to stick Ditra down. Here in the UK they advise using an adhesive that's suitable for the substrate it's going down onto.

Reply to Adhesives for Ditra and Porcelain in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen